Tuesday, May 4

Nanny-up

An interesting day. Starting next Tuesday, I'll be working a 12 hour shift supervising the restaurant, so El came over to nanny -- a test day, so to speak. El has worked with B's family for ever, nannying many of B's cousins who are now in their 20s. So off I went to the movies -- my stomach was a bit nervous from leaving Edles alone with someone other than B, but as I rode my bike over to the theater, realized I needed to get something in.

I got home in the mid afternoon, and spent some time frying the latke mix I made yesterday, for a pot luck the food coop I'm involved in was holding.

I lifted weights in the morning -- I felt like I needed to do something, because the time I spent at the movies, I could have gotten a good bike ride in, but I was feeling too uneasy about Edles to really enjoy that. I changed up the routine, and by evening I started feeling sore in a whole new bunch of muscles, which is good.

AM SNACK: 9:30am, mint iced green tea

BREAKFAST:
11am, sushi, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Picked it up from a refrigerator case of an Asian market. Ick, too cold and some of the fish was just wrong. Sat lack a block in my stomach.

LUNCH: 3pm, a bunch of mini latkes, large green salad, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
As I was frying off 10 lbs of mix to make latkes, I realized I had to eat something other than the delicious fatty carb cakes to be reasonable, so I ate salad as I spend a good 90 minutes frying.

DINNER: 7:30-9pm, "friendship" bread, mini spinach pies, a few vegetable sticks, apple juice, seltzer, a few latkes, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Noshing at the food coop potluck. "Friendship" bread is really cake that uses a sourdough starter contributed from said friend....I got myself a starter, gonna funktify some myself in 10 days....

No comments: