Friday, May 7

Peanut Butter Daze


MAP came over around 9:30 with a sh@t-ton of plain and flavored peanut butters and we cooked up 4 out of 5 recipes we wrote for a competition sponsered by a PB restaurant/product line who provided us with the freebies. Edie napped from 9:30 to 11:15, which was convenient, so we were able to finish a lot of the heavy lifting before Ediecakes started crawling all over the floor and needing to be fed.

Didn't eat a formal breakfast, but nibbled on everything we cooked after taking a round of sexxxy pictures of each. We set up an informal studio for the pics by the living room window, and while we were taking pics of the last item, the proscuitto and peanut sauce pizza, Edie crawled over and hogged the spotlight, reeeediculous!! The fact that this pic was not staged, but a curious little booger jumping up and going "HAAA!", my heart just went pitterpat.

AM SNACK: 7:30am, mint green iced tea
This recent batch uses a jasmine green tea (good) but is the sweetest yet (bad.) I added a cup of my homemade mint syrup, about what I usually add, and this time I upped the tea bags to 12 (instead of 8) -- the strength tastes right now, but the sweetness....hmmm, maybe the jasmine flavoring amplifies the sweetness? Gonna cut the syrup by half on the next batch.

AM SNACKING:
9:30-12:30, red velvet peanut butter pancakes, roast beef sandwich with peanut sauce, peanut butter vegetable sushi, peanut butter & prosciutto pizza, seltzer, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNORT:
2pm, glass of white wine
Informal playdate in Tompkins Square with A and MAP. I brought the wine.

DINNER:
6:30pm, pasta with homemade tomato sauce and caramelized onions, 1.75 bowl, hunger 4/5
In anticipation of a long bikeride tomorrow, carboloaded with pasta. My eating limits this to once a week, which makes me think how I used to eat pasta several times a week. I miss it a little, but really, once a week makes it more special. Unfortunately, I already had rice pasta with my students on Wednesday, so I can't truly say this was the ony pasta this week.

No comments: