Friday, July 9

Blueberry syrup stains like a mofo

An odd eating day. B went out in the morning to have some time to herself, and my eating just went sideways. Right before our monthly cleaning guy arrived, I decided to quickly make a mess and churn some ice cream. After packing it, I had a good few spoonfuls left that didn't need to go to waste so I acted as human garbage can.

Once Edles woke up, I needed to get out of there and we biked over to veg dim sum. I ordered 4 dishes, but left over about 1/2 of 2 of them -- I just wasn't hungry. In the afternoon, thirsty and desiring something sweet, I mixed my new blueberry syrup with carbonated water and was surprised how authentically soda-like it was. The lime gave it the acidy kick, the blueberry juice gave a nice purplish foam.

By dinner time, I was thinking of ordering something in, but realized I've been ordering in every night this past week. Not good. I ate some green salad and felt full, but not satisfied. Due to an unscheduled nap, I was up until all hours but restrained myself to (mostly) healthful snacks.


AM SNACK: 7:30am, iced green tea


AM SNACK: 10am, cookies n' cream ice cream, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: noon, vegetarian dim sum including mashed taro treasure boxes, mixed gluten, fried wontons and lotus lead sticky rice, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 3pm, glass of blueberry soda, .5 bowl, hunger 3/5


PM SNACK 5:30pm, cookies n' cream ice cream, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 6:30pm, large green salad, 1 bowl, hunger 3/5

EVENING SNACK: 8pm, multigrain tortilla chips with salsa, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 10pm, multrigrain bread with hummus, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: