Thursday, July 8

Cookin' with Edles

Edie napped through swim class, but when she woke, we hopped on the bike and made a full hour of a playdate drop in at the local community center. We ran a few chores, then in for the day on this hot day. I chopped green salad, made a chickpea dish for B (haven't toasted spices like this since c-school), cooked down some blueberry syrup with some intense blueberries from last week, then made a simple Cream Anglais custard to make cookies n' cream ice cream tomorrow with.

Funny, I feel like I've been lazy on the cooking -- lunch was a leftover, salad and a few ears of boiled corn, and dinner was ordered in. Yet, I did a lot of cookin'.  And Edie entertained herself in her high chair, and then at my feet. I can't wait until she wants to participate. Oh, the cooking we'll do!

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, wholewheat pancake, iced green tea, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 1pm, wonton soup, 2 ears corn, large green salad, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 4pm, multigrain tortilla chips & salsa, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 6:30pm, chirashi sushi, gyoza, shumai, seaweed salad, oreo-style cookies, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: