Thursday, July 1

Restart

230.6 ---> 227.4

In the morning's weigh-in, I'm about three pounds lighter than last month, which is statistically insignificant -- that could be attributed to water weight, how full my lower digestive system is, etc etc. But to be honest, I do feel good, and I attribute it to two things:

My biking season is now pretty much in full season. I did two centuries last month, and they both went well, and I'm going to hopefully do a few in July. The other thing is I'm working two days a week, and I think just psychologically it's doing me good. Despite that it's essentially long grueling hours, kinda dirty (I smell like oregano when I come home) and certainly not what I want to do with the rest of my life, it IS good experience, a stepping stone, I feel useful, it is a large responsibility being the manager of a restaurant, it's probably only for the busy season, it gets me out of the house, Edie is learning to be flexible. And I'm going to start 3 days a week in a few weeks.

I still need to work out how to eat better while at work. I've fallen off the train a little bit, but I'm rededicating myself today to try to cut out sugar & alcohol more than one a week, and amp up the whole grains, fruit and other wholesome foods.

BREAKFAST: 9:15am, toasted bagel with cream cheese and sable, iced green tea, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
The bagel was just onion, but the new bagels from yesterday's shop are whole wheat. This latest batch of tea is a bit weak, but I got the sweetness right -- 3/4 cup of sugar to a gallon, rather than a full cup.


LUNCH: 1:30pm, large green salad, 1 crab cake, watermelon, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
A left over crab cake from yesterday, whose main ingredient other than good quality crab was whole wheat bread crumbs.

DINNER: 6:15pm, shrimp in yellow curry with sticky rice, chicken sate, chive dumpling, vegetable summer roll, water, chocolate babka, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Ordered in Thai with B & Yomomma.

No comments: