Tuesday, August 31

Recap

Over the weekend, B, E & I rented a car, threw my bike on the back, and went to Greenport on the northern tip of L.I. for a getaway. I road my bike to Montauk Saturday morning, and road in the Northfork Century Sunday morning.

Eating-wise, I let myself go in a slightly different way, drinking a few diet sodas here and there -- it's amazing how highly acidic Fresca is. It's so acidic, citric acid is the second ingredient on the label after carbonated water -- before flavor, before sweetener,  before all the weird-ass ingredients in that grapefruit flavored elixir... anyway, it did not do my body good, all that acid cause a flush of a certain kind, bleah.

On Friday evening, had some nice oysters with dinner. While yes, they are a bit like boogers on the half shell, their salty goodness tastes remarkably how you wish ocean water would taste like -- salty, briny, balanced with a fresh fishiness, a tender bite.

Sunday felt a little off due to the hard ride the day before and the acid working out of my system, and ate relatively light for such a long bike ride. By the end, a little wiped but felt...cleansed.











Today was moderately busy in the restaurant, it went by quickly, and after last week's rain washout, thank goodness.

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, iced green tea, good yogurt with honey and vanilla, banana, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH:
1pm, 3 slices white Sicilian with bacon & onion, sprite, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
PM SNACK:
2:45pm, cranberry lime soda
PM SNACK:
4:15pm, small slice of pizza
PM SNACK:
4:45pm, green salad, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 6pm,cranberry lime soda


PM SNACK: 8pm, vanilla cream soda

DINNER: 10pm, 1 slice white pizza, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: