Saturday, September 4

Soda

While Edie napped, I went to the Hester St Fair for a lobster roll, then a short walk over to East Broadway for some Chinese street food. I found myself desiring grape soda, and I picked up a bottle at a bodega near by. Twenty ounces -- that's more than a pint, and according to the label, 2 & one half servings. Huh? 2.5? This is supposed to serve two and  a half people? In my mind, this is a large single serving, and I think myself a thoughtful person on these matters.

At 130 calories per serving, I drank about half the bottle and tossed the rest. My desire for the soda was the same as a desire for a candy bar, rather than a drink. No way I was going to eat a massive chocolate bar, and no way I was going to drink more than a pint of sugar water. Ick. If there was an 8-oz serving bottle (an actual single serving), I would have bought that, but that ain't the way it is now...I could of bought 20oz of 0 calorie artificially sweetened ick...

BREAKFAST: 7:30am, organic cheerios with organic dead milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


BREAKFAST 2: 9:30am, onion bagel with butter and tomato, gatorade, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 2pm, lobster roll, lotus leaf wrap, fishballs with rice noodles, half a bottle of grape soda, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 7:30pm, shrimp and white rice, guac & chips, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: