Sunday, October 10

Family Vs. Bike

I prepped for a bike ride last night, and got up at 5:30, and was out the door at 6:30 sharp in full kit. The problem is, Edie woke a couple of minutes before leaving out, and I picked her up and brought her to Betsy. You know how it is when you haven't seen someone in years, and when you meet it's all hugs, laughs and pure pleasure? Well, it's like that almost every morning when Edie wakes up. So when I got out the door, I turned on a podcast and it was a woman calling in, talking about all the horrible things her husband was doing. Even though I was psyched for a good day on the bike, I longed even more to spend some time with my beautiful 15 month old and my wife, with whom despite disagreements on some matters is pretty much my best friend, girlfriend, partner in life and all matters Edie-related. With our jobs and various activities, time is thin, so I turned the bike around and came home about 10 minutes after I had left.

We took a nice morning bike ride to Battery Park to let Edie get some time in a playground, and when we got home for Edie's nap, I broke out the waffle iron and experimented with high heat/short cooking time. The result was a beautiful brown to a little burnt color, but the most tender, soft yet crisp waffle yet. A nap followed, conjoined with B & E taking to grandma's house while I chilled, got some work done and chilled.

BREAKFAST: 6am, good yogurt with vanilla and agave, handful of chocolate covered espresso beans, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 11:30am, waffles, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 6:45pm, eggplant hero, green salad, some onion rings, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: