Monday, November 29

So Thanksgiving happened.

I can't say I "ate too much" over the Thanksgiving weekend, but I did eat poorly -- not enough veg, fruit, too much sweet. On the positive side, I did commit myself to a little bit more cooking -- on top of the cinnamon ice cream, pumpkin chiffon and chocolate pecan pies I contributed to A's family potluck T-day, I spent part of the weekend cooking up a massive batch of mac n' cheese for the freezer, busted out a load of chocolate pastry cream for a tart and a pie, and a few other little things.

I think this coming week I'm going to focus on two projects: reverse engineer super hippy bread into a formula I can make in my long-neglected bread machine, and also do something I used to do with my dad on a semi-annual basis: make a large batch of hummus for the freezer, and this time I'll use the food processor instead of blowing out my blender!!

AM SNACK: 9am, iced green tea


LUNCH 1: 12:45pm, carrots, cuce & red pepper with ranch, small wedge of mac & cheese, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH 2: 2:45pm, well-done burger, tater tots, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5 
Met P for lunch in Williamsburg with Edles. Went to a pub for lunch, the only thing on the menu that was appealing was the burger, but having it well-done was kinda a bummer. Still, Edie went nuts and ate half my tater tots, that was kinda awesome.



DINNER: 6pm, small snip of mac n cheese, a little salad, a small piece of chocolate pie, a small piece of pumpkin chiffon pie, a glass of cava, water, .75 bowl, hunger 3/5

No comments: