Tuesday, December 7

Criminally Delicious

Got in around 3am after spending the evening in the shop with James Franco & Michael Shannon (and a crew of about 30 studenty types.) Even though it was a night in the shop, it was a total different thing, as I was the only employee and we weren’t serving food. I remember when I lived with Danny downtown and we hosted a student film, same kind of energy. I’m glad I never got into the movie business.

The mock-chipwiches I made are criminally delicious. Will give the rest away ASAP.


AM SNACK: 9am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 9:30am, ice cream sandwich

LUNCH: 12:30pm, 3 slices of Sicilian with mushroom and onion, 2 superthin slices with artichoke and olive, pint of water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 5pm, large green salad, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 6pm, breaded fried shrimp, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
One of the Mexican fellows in the kitchen made a few of these, and I commanded him to make a buttload more. He took out frozen shrimp, butterflied them, made a simple mix of fine bread crumbs, parm and salt, dipped in flour, then water, then pressed into the mix. Fried in olive oil in caste iron in the pizza oven, for a hot minute. Perfection. Gotta try his style at home.

EVENING SNACK: 11pm, ice cream sandwich, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: