Saturday, January 1

Last second resolution

I'm laying on the couch around noon, writing up what I ate so far and about to go down to take the laundry out of a very quiet laundry room. I just ate way too much for breakfast -- the bag that the cornflakes came in was torn, and what I thought would be a light pour was a big gush.

This big bowl of cornflake brought back a memory from my childhood, when I poured myself a bowl of cereal that was too large, and it was one of the rare times my dad yelled at my. He yelled at my that my bowl of cereal was gluttonous and wasteful, and it was disgusting. I sat there eating the bowl, not hungry anymore, just fantastically guilty. I don't remember if I finished the bowl, but I do remember that feeling.

I just read the last two year's entries for New Years Eve, sounded so upbeat but not full of resolutions. I hate resolutions, real change doesn't stick when prompted by something so arbitrary as a time-keeping holiday. BUT poking around this blog, it occurred to me it was at it's most useful when I was color-coding my entries, forcing me to budget healthy food vs. junky food, based on a sensible diet from Alton Brown's show. This has been niggling in the back of my head for a while, so starting Monday, I'm going to start again and see where it takes me.

The last couple of New Year's Days we had old friends over but with D in Oregon, it kinda took the heart out of it and it never came together this year. Yesterday I made burrito ingredients, and this morning rolled them. I tried to make a set of ice cream sandwiches, but the ice cream was too soft and I cut the shortbread cookies too small, so I think I need to bake a new round of cookies.


AM SNACK: 9:45am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 11:15am, 2 mini burritos, large bowl of cornflakes with dead organic milk, 1 melty ice cream sandwich, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACKS: 3:30-5pm, Pepperidge Farm cookies, a few whole wheat tea sandwiches, .25 bowl, hunger 3/5


DINNER: 7pm, Eggplant hero, green salad, short bread, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: