Sunday, January 2

"Today's Cooking"

I totally forgot to weigh myself yesterday, and did not remember until after the eating day started today, so will weigh in tomorrow. Even though I resolved to start tomorrow, no better time than the present, so I started coloring in my entries today. Definitely made the super market donut lousier, and my sardine sandwich more yummy.

New feature -- I'm going to chunk out this blog a little more, now I'm going to attempt a "Today's cooking" section. Here goes the first:


TODAY's COOKING:
Vegan Brownies: Making for the HVS, but before I make a proper magical batch for her, need to do some recipe experimentation. Took a highly rated recipe from the web and did some swap-outs. Replaced canola oil (yuck!) with vegetable shortening, to keep in the savory and reduce the oilyness, replaced vanilla extract with scrapings of 2 vanilla beans, and replaced a cup of water with a cup of plain soy milk.

After cooling, tasting is fneh, as B says it has that vegan play dough taste. Look forward to the HVS's judgement, who has much more experience with vegan brownies than I do.


Green Ice Tea: ran out this morning. 8 cups water, 10 tea bags, 1/2 cup white sugar.

Homemade Nutella: Gave it a whirl, as I saw the recipe while scoping the veganomicon for vegan brownie ideas. Lame.  It does taste pretty good, but it is not really comparable to nutella. Kind just like gritty, oily hazulnutty chocolate peanutbutter.  I think the main problem is the lack of power of the food processor, need a true nut grinder to make a smoother paste. I wonder if there is a kitchen aide attachment...


AM SNACK: 9:15am, iced green tea

AM SNACK: 11am, 3/4 of a lousy donut

LUNCH: 1:15pm, sardines and homemade guacamole on homemade 100% wholewheat toast, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 5:15pm, a few spoonfuls of "nutella, a few small squares of vegan brownie, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5 

DINNER: 7:30pm, spring rolls, thai salad, shrimp panang with sticky rice, caramel ice cream, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: