Friday, February 11

Good Friday

Good Friday, got a lot done. Laundry, brought in the commuter bike for tuning up, a nice walk about with Edie, a play date with another dad in the afternoon, cooked a few things.

TODAY'S COOKING
Mock Superhippy Bread: Got to the next step! Got the water ratio right with the added grain cereal. But this loaf is more tender than the strong, chewy superhippy bread. Next loaf will eliminate the milk powder, making it more hippish and vegan, and hopefully chewier. If that doesn't work, I may have to experiment with a mix of flours.


Cheese Cakes: Made some straight up NY-style cheesecakes, one for a baby shower B is attending on Sunday, one to bring to a friend tomorrow who is letting me try out a bike that B might buy me for my birthday. Which means I may not get to try this cheesecake, though the one lick of batter was pretty amazing. Used this recipe, but added a few extra egg yolks, scrapings of 5 vanilla beans, a half teaspoon of salt (NO cake EVER should not have salt), and a teaspoon of lemon extract just for a acidy zing.

AM SNACK: 8:30am, iced green tea

LUNCH: 12:30pm, sardine & avocado on mock superhippy bread, health salad, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Mashed the sardine with the avocado, quite good. Health salad a little less snappy then last time, not sure why. Might just be a moister cabbage, could be a reaction to lessening  the sugar by a third.

PM SNACK: 5pm, a few fancy chocolates
B was getting cranky for chocolate, so I pulled out the box of Jaques Torres I was going to give her for Valentines.


PM SNACK: 6:30pm, pistachios


DINNER: 7:30pm, lomein, shrimp toast, wonton soup, water, dark chocolate, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
B out at book club, the baby asleep, I reverted to my singlehood and snarfed Chinese while watching TV. I guess better that than shooting gank and picking up randoms...

No comments: