Sunday, February 6

Stuporbowl


If I had known they were playing, I would have made a black-eyed pea dish just to make people groan. For the first time in a long time, I was pretty happy with how everything I made came out. The pierogies boiled up from frozen perfectly, and tossed them with melted butter and chopped caramelized onion. The health salad was a nice counterpoint to the heavy meats served, and I got a few compliments of the ice cream.

Woke up with a stiff stomach. I wonder if it has something to do with my weight regime. I've been focusing on core strength for the bike, and though I enjoy waking up sore, maybe it's interfering with appetite? That can't be a bad thing...

TODAY'S COOKING:
Onion rings & battered cheese curds: I cooked at T's house when I got there, the stuff I brought was labor & time intensive stuff that would have taken all day, and longer because I was in a strange kitchen. Deep frying has to be done a-la-minute. Deep frying, as they taught in c-school, can be done by a bunch of trained monkeys and still be delicious, hence the preponderance of deep fried foods in fast food establishments. We made a simple beer batter fluffed up by egg whites, and fried in half peanut oil and half lard. Pretty damn good.

Mac n' Cheese: I've made this so many times, I don't even use a recipe anymore. Just grab and go, and it comes out good.

AM SNACK: 10am, iced green tea

Stuporbowl eats: 2-8pm, tortilla chips & queso, pierogies, beer boiled bratwurt, pulled pork, a bite of mac n' cheese, a bit of health salad, a homemade soft pretzel, 1 beer, 2 cups diet coke, 2 cups seltzer, 1 slice chocolate cake, one scoop ice cream, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: