Sunday, February 13

I wish cheesecake was healthy in any way.



Betsy was away at a shower with my cheesecake most of the daytime, while me n' Edles got stuff done in the 'hood and around the house. Made a nice dinner for B, for after the Edles went to bed.

TODAY'S COOKING
Pasta with sauce: I'll be working v-day tomorrow, so made a batch of pasta dough, rolled and cut into very thin square spaghetti, so thin it came out more like angel hair. Took about 2 minutes to cook after an afternoon of drying. Cooked down the onions for an hour before quickly cooking the mushrooms with a little fresh garlic. Had the last of the  sauce in the freezer from November, should make a fresh batch soon.

AM SNACK: 9:30am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 11am, toasted pumpernickel bagel with butter and sable, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
LUNCH: 3pm, hotdog with mustard & kraut, health salad, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 7pm, slice of cheesecake, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
B brought me home a wedge of the cake I made for her friend's baby shower. Surprisingly, I think by luck and by accident, I made a nearly perfect NY-style cheesecake. At the last minute, I through in extra egg yolks and a few drops of lemon essence, and baked at 200 from a cold oven for about 3.5 hours. Texture was perfectly smooth and creamy, but cheesecakey firm. The slight lemon tone perfectly complimented the vanilla. The only minus was the crust -- I used store-bought 100% wholewheat graham crackers that just didn't taste right. The next cheesecakes will involve graham crackers from scratch.

DINNER: 7:45pm, homemade angel hair pasta with homemade sauce, sauteed portobellos and caramelized onion, 1 glass prosecco, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 10pm, handful of whole wheat graham crackers

No comments: