Monday, February 14

Valentine's Work

The resto was open for V-day, thought I'd wake up early to lift weights, but slept through. I've been lifting 3 days a week for a few weeks now, and am starting to feel a little bit different. Come late March, between weekly yoga and weekly bike rides, the lifting will be cut back, but for now it's a good source of physical exertion.

AM SNACK: 8:30am, iced green tea
BREAKFAST: 10am, oatmeal, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
What the? I bought a barrel of "Irish Oatmeal", assuming it was the same thing as my beloved "steel cut" "pinhead" oats. It LOOKED the same, but when I put them on to soak, they took all the water very quickly, in a few hours instead of overnight. Now that I'm eating it, the texture is very different -- the oat lumps a are smaller, less firm, and the starchy goo that develops between the oats is....less gooey. I suspect these oats were cut smaller and maybe even parcooked then dried for quicker cooking. Bleah. I have friends who swear by this stuff, but it's just a convenience compromise that delivers an inferior final product.

LUNCH: 1pm, 4 slices superthin pizza, water
PM SNACK:
4pm, green salad, 8oz sprite, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
5pm, Jaques Torres chocolate chip cookie, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
A server did a chocolate run down the street, as it was slow and we were all jonesing for the main culinary ingredient of the day's holiday.

PM SNACK:
6pm, small slice salad pizza
DINNER: 7:45pm, meatballs, sauce, bread, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: