Monday, March 14

Monday Monday

My last Monday at home for a while, next week starts three days a week at the resto. Took Edie to the Dads-only play group, ran around and completed a few chores, then home for her nap. Edie was a bit cranky after lunch, so we hopped on the bike together for the first time this season and went down to the fancy playground by South Street Seaport. Only one other parent and kid there, but Edie had a fantastic time running around and going up and down a set of steps. When I got home, B was there to take over the E while I banged out a bunch of hamantashen. Went to bed early.

TODAY'S COOKING
Hamantashen:  Had left over prune and cheese fillings, had to use them or toss them. I forgot that the cheese filling loosened the cookies, and I went heavier to use it up, so they all came undone. Still delicious, but not transportable or servable -- I'll just have to eat them over the next few days. Considered making a yeast cookie instead of the creamed-butter version, but the directions called for a chill over-night, which would make it more delicious, but I just wanted to knock 'em out quick.

AM SNACK: 8:45am, iced green tea

LUNCH: 12:30pm, black beans & cheddar, health salad & 2 pickles, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Health salad and 3/4 sour pickles are a fantastic combo. The beans and cheese left over from my burrito session yesterday went in my mouf today -- I should of let the beans simmer without a cover for a bit to tighten them up, a little bit loose and watery, but good flavor regardless.

PM SNACK: 6:30pm, handful of cheese hamantashen


DINNER: 7:45pm, pad thai, mixed dumplings, tiny spring roll, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Ordered from the new place uptown. The Pad Thai was HORRIBLE, underdressed, noodles too stiff, and about twice the quantity it should be. The Chinese stuff, though, was still a class above the local take out. They have Japanese stuff on their menu too, but I guess I'll just stick to the Chinese stuff.

No comments: