Friday, May 27

Noga

 A busy day. Woke up at 6 so I could ride to Brooklyn to have blood taken. I was exposed to measles while visiting T in the emergency room, so I got a call from the DOH saying I was potentially an outbreak starter. I was quite certain I was immunized as a baby, but not 100%, and if I wasn't, it could be a big problem for my family. I came out clear.

After, I did some food shopping and got home and started cooking, as a friend and her baby daddy came over for brunch -- it was the only time we all could get together before they left the country for who knows how long.

Got Edie and her pushbike loaded up and went to ER Park for a picnic with a few other parents and their mini-mes, was a good time. It went a little late and by the time I got home and got the laundry in, it was time for yoga. Unfortunately, about 20 minutes into the practice my body and brain were screaming, "STOP! EAT!" so I did. Met T after and I portaged her back home where we ordered in food and hung out with B. Other than what T referred to as "noga", it was a pretty good day.


TODAY'S COOKING
Waffles, bacon: My kitchen scale died, and had to eyeball the dry ingredients -- came out more flippity floppity that I like.

Granola bars: Made a batch of olive oil granola, then in a pan heated almond butter, a bit of brown sugar, some agave, a little corn syrup and a shot of water to loosen it. Mixed it all up and pressed it into a pan and refrigerated it. Came out nice and solid, but pleasantly chewy, sweet but not ridiculously so.

AM SNACK: 6:15am, iced green tea, handful of chocolate covered coffee beans


BRUNCH: 11am, waffles, bacon, sable, water, a piece of ruggelah, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 1pm, 4 small chocolate caramels


PM SNACKS: 2:30-4:30pm, granola bar, chocolate cupcake, lentil crackers, a few pieced of melon, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 6pm, a couple pieces of ruggelah


DINNER 1: 7:30pm, vegan cesar salad, seiten with blackbeans and quinoa, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER 2: 9:30pm, veg samosa, odd fish-like proteins and veg with a little rice, water, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: