Saturday, May 28

Ride then ill (and waffle shame)

A great day, a bike ride up to Nyack with a few friends, about 70 miles all told. Slow, leisurely, a long lunch at Nyack. Usually avoid alcohol on rides but being that it was so leisurely, I had a pint of cider with ice in it, and drank it slow. Really hit the spot.

Once back in Manhattan, rode around the rip of Manhattan and took the free Ikea ferry to Red Hook and ate at the soccer fields. When I got home, I was not hungry but thirsty, and the water made me feel...oddly full. I started to feel a vaguely acidy feeling in my tumm, and a tightening. I thought it would go away, and I conked out at around 11pm. I woke up at 3am feeling less full but...still tight, a burning feeling, and nauseous. I'd be waking up again and again all night. I took a gulp of Mylanta anti-acid stuff to help.

BREAKFAST: 7:45am, pumpernickel bagel with cream cheese and sable, iced green tea, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


BIKE SNACK: 10:30am, small donut


BIKE SNACK: noon, 2 donuts, gatorade


BIKE LUNCH: 2:30pm, onion rings, pint of cider with ice, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


BIKE SNACK: 5:30pm, 2 waffles with nutella, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Holy crap. Everyone took the subway from uptown to the Ikea ferry, I chose to ride. I got hungry and found a Wafles & Dinges cart in the park without a line. I ordered two waffles, never having them before -- they put my waffles to SHAME! Thicker, heavier, crisper, more flavorful, just better in every way. I gotta reformulate. It's a good thing I was in serious calorie deficit/burning mode, or two waffles would have knocked me off the bike. In this case, it rejuvinated me and I rode with speed the rest of the way.



DINNER: 7:15pm, large shrimp taco, tamarind drink, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: