Wednesday, June 29

1-Pack

Woke up to Edie doing a hard belly flop onto my middle (OOFAH!) As I was doing a small stretch in prep for weight lifting, I noticed a weird curve in my upper-midsection. I felt it, pressed it, prodded it, is it a hernia? It felt firm but pliant, no discomfort or pain...it's a muscle!! I have a 1-pack! Call the fitness magazines! Call Hollywood! My fat pad still pretty much hides whats been developing these past 3 or so months, but it was still pretty nice to see, however fleeting.

Edie had the day with the sitter & summer camp, so I spent part of the morning working on work-related matters, then road the bike to Coney Island and back. Indulged in a Chinese brick -- it makes sense to do this for lunch and after a strenuous activity, as compared to a bigger brick for dinner, where I probably hadn't done much of nuthin'. And a full stomach helps shopping rationally at the supermarket, which I did right after.

AM SNACK: 8am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 9:30am, 4 small buttermilk pancakes, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 2:15pm, lomein & fried rice, small wonton soup, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 7:45, green salad, 2 pieces breaded tilapia, large piece of watermelon, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
I bought a big bag of breaded raw tilapia at the supermarket,  a few pounds for under $12. Farm raised in China, I wonder if this cheap protein is ok. Funny to eat it with a green salad of CSA vegetables. One side organic and local, the other side of the plate....less so.


EVENING SNACK: 10pm, peanut butter with chocolate chips, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: