Sunday, June 26

Harmonious Ice Cream Sandwiches

I went out in the morning to collect a few local delicacies -- knishes, bialies, pickles -- for a couple of B's friends who came over for an easy brunch.

I assembled the ice cream sandwiches in the morning, and they were pretty good -- the cookies were only about 1.5 wide, so two or three of them could make a portion. The strong vanilla presence in both the ice cream and the cookie really tied it together, but the mint of the filling and the brown sugar and chocolate of the cookie sang together in good harmony.

Also in three-part harmony, B, Edie & I all took blissful naps in the afternoon and got back to it after a quickie lunch. I took Edie out to the swings, then food shop, then once home, I took off to visit the HVS in Brooklyn. After a local restaurant meal, the rarest of rare happened: a snicklebikeride! We did a loop around Prospect Park on one of the most beautiful nights of the year, not cold, not warm, just right.

We spoke of a weight-loss challenge, which I think will be good for me about now, so starting Friday the 1st, I'll institute some new rule or approach to limiting my calorie intake and increasing my low-density food intake....

BREAKFAST: 8am, iced green tea

AM SNACK: 9:30am, 6 misshapen chocolate chip cookies, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


BRUNCH: 10:30am, knish, half a mimosa, a pickle, one mint ice cream sandwich, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 3:45pm, half a knish, a little watermelon, water, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


SNICKLEDINNER: 7:30pm, vegan singapore mei fun, a few veg dumplings, a few veg samosas, half a peanut butter bomb, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: