Friday, July 1

Of Two Minds

230.2--->227.4--->221.0

Well, this is the lightest I've been in a while. I'm of two minds, as I usually am about this stuff...
  • Negative: Work stress from finishing up at the restaurant definitely saw a lack of appetite for a few weeks -- starvation diet is not sustainable, healthy or desirable. 
  • Positive: I've been riding a lot more the past few weeks, I've cut back on restaurant and take away food to try to budget better, and this past month I've notched up the amount of weight I've been lifting three times a week. My routine now includes two sets of push ups, 18 and 9. The greatest number of push ups at my peak strength in high school was 10. I'm sure if I tried to blow out, I could hit 25 to 30....
Babysitter came, and spent the morning picking up groceries, a few things fro the farmers market, the pet store, and diapers and a potty from the baby store. Popped home for a smoothie then jumped back on the bike to meet B at the doc for a scan of the fetus.

TODAY'S COOKING
Creme Anglais: Another round for ice cream sandwiches for taking to various holiday weekend events, this time sticking with traditional vanilla, though more vanilla-y than most.
Chocolate Chip Cookies: Used dark chocolate chips, a bit further with the brown sugar and less with the white. Had to bite Betsy from going beserk on them when she got home, now under lock and key in the freezer until ready to be sandwichatized.

AM SNACK: 8am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 10:45am, smoothie, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
Milk, banana, flax, a lot of fresh blueberries that Edie hasn't been eating but we got a lot from the CSA, frozen mango and cherries, vanilla extract and salt. Forgot the yogurt, still exceptionally thick and filling.

LUNCH: 1:30pm, red curry with shrimp, basmanti rice, a beer, a few bites of cookie, a few bites of cupcake, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Celebratory lunch on the UES with B & her momma, we just had an anatomy scan to check the new bebe for health and gender. Yep, it's a healthy babay!



PM SNACK: 4:40pm, watermelon, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 7pm, large green salad, breaded tilapia fillet, pickle, water, 1 cc chip cookie,  1 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 9pm, popcorn, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
I used twice the amount of butter and olive oil in making this batch -- Betsy said it was the best yet, though I didn't tell her why, he he he.

No comments: