Saturday, August 6

A compliment to me or an insult to pizza

Took Edie up and down the Summerstreets event. Swung by the Knish Knosh outpost by the 72nd Street boat basin around 10am, and those bastards told me they don't have knishes until 11am! What kind of knish vendor opens at 7am but doesn't serve knishes until 11? They had a lot of bagged chips, bottles and cans, sandwiches, and hot dogs....bleah, I guess they're there to serve the tourist community just as much as they're there to serve the knish.

Ended up with B and some f amily from out of town at H&H bagels before heading back home. Lazy afternoon taking Edie out. B went out with friends in the eve, so I pretended like I was single in my 20s after Edie went to bed and ordered in food and watched TV, he he.

Made Edie an English muffin with cheddar, melted nicely under the oven's broiler. She immediately called it "pizza!", which is either a compliment to me or an insult to pizza...


BREAKFAST: 8am, brown rice crispies with organic dead milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


BRUNCH: 10:30am, onion bagel with cream cheese, LT&onion, diet sprite, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
I hate how bagel places always put too much cream cheese on the bagel, there must be a balance. I always give a small press, and all the cheese that shoots into the middle hole and around the edges gets collected in a paper napkin. What a waste.

LUNCH: 1:30pm, small amount of pork tenderloin, small potato knish, small spinach knish, health salad, pickle, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 5:30pm, large green salad, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 7pm, roll of Chipsahoy cookies, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 8:45pm, shrimp vindaloo with rice, nan, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Jeez, I miss English Indian food -- this stuff ordered from my local Indian is horrible, and for some reason every time I order from them, I'm surprised. The shrimp was overcooked, the vindaloo was overly vinegary and oddly bland.



EVENING SNACK: 10pm, chocolate peanut butter ice cream, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: