Friday, August 12

Good morning, bleah day

I was planning to ride this morning, but when I woke up at 6, I just felt like hanging out with Edie more, and Saturday and Sunday had riding plans anyway which would minimize my Edie time. So I fired up my old cast iron waffle iron and was in mid-waffling when Edie woke. I was able to whisk her into the kitchen for fresh waffles whilst Lady B slept away. Once waffling was done, Edie & I spent a nice couple of hours outside around the building, in the garden, in the playground.

Unfortunately, that was the high point of the day. Both Edie and B seemed to be a little ill in the afternoon, plans cancelled. I felt grumpy and did a fry-up for lunch. A lot of sugary snacking in the afternoon, culminating in a lazy order-in in the evening.

TODAY'S COOKING:
Waffles: The c-school recipe, doubled, with three vanilla beans scrapings. The main challenge is working with the 1918 campfire waffle iron, an old caste iron beast that is very temperamental, but fun because you never quite know what your gonna get. I end up eating the burnt ones on the spot, so the 7 or 8 that get to go in the freezer look reasonable.

Corn Tortilla Chips: A pack of corn tortillas cut into 6 wedges each, fried in peanut oil around 400 degrees. I let them go a little too brown, I found that when I took them out of the oil they continue to brown a little - lesson learned. I forgot to tell B, but the only way to make these cost effective is to strain the oil and keep it in the freezer until the next fry-up. Oh well.

BREAKFAST: 7am, 3 waffles, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 12:30pm, corn tortilla chips, health salad, pickle, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 3:45pm, peanuts & chocolate chips, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 5pm, bites of assorted donuts, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 9pm, roti canai, Malasian style shrimp and stringbeans with white rice, chocolate donut, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: