Wednesday, August 10

Papa Corn?!

Had a check in with a dermatologist in the morning (all is well), a meeting at the high school about the coming 2 semesters of the culinary class I'll be teaching. Though I served Edie pasta for dinner, which she likes, when she saw my corn, her eyes lit up and basically started pointing and chanted, "Papa corn?!" over and over again until I got up and cut off a third of an ear and put it on her plate. She finished that, maybe another 1/4 of another ear, all her pasta, and almost an entire "ice cream" (smoothie) frozen pop. Ahhhh, I love her so much, she's a good eater.


TODAY'S COOKING
Hamburgers: Got 1/2 pound of organic, 85% lean local beef from WF, wanted to grind my own but the chuck I saw didn't look very fresh. Mixed in one grated onion, a shot of Worcestershire, a small shot of Tabasco and a pinch of salt. According to FDA, you need to bring ground meat to 160, which I did in my caste iron pan with a electronic thermometer. Got a nice seared crust on the the burgers, sauteed in butter. I found it a bit overcooked -- 160 is definitely well done. I really gotta grind it myself, so I can more comfortably eat it at a medium temp.

BREAKFAST: 8:15am, smoothie, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 12:30pm, 1 plain slice, 1 square slice, diet coke, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 4:30pm, large green salad, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 5:30pm, 2 hamburgers, 2 ears of corn, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 7:30pm, dark chocolate chips & peanuts, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

 EVENING SNACK: midnight, watermelon, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: