Wednesday, November 23

Chinese memories

Woke at 5am, got to school by bike by 7. From 7 to 1pm, cooking, reheating, prepping, preparing with a handful of students. We actually got all the food on the tables by 12:45, and while they ate I plated about 100 slices of cheesecake. Some food was more popular than other, but over all the feedback was positive.

Got home by 3, took Edie out to a playroom and picked up Chinese food on the way home. I remember coming to this joint many times with my father -- my parents did not believe in wasting money on "free" delivery because the place was only a 5 minute walk away. My mom would call in the order, my dad and I would walk down and pick up, and when we arrived back my mom would have already set the table.  Waiting there with Edie, it made me remember what it was like to be there with my dad. It was nice.


AM SNACK: 5:30am, iced green tea


AM SNACK: 8am, brownies, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


SCHOOL SNACKING, 11am-2pm, little bites of turkey, cheese cake, stuffing, mac n' cheese, string beans, salad, lemon aide, fruit punch, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 5:45pm, beef lomein, shrimp toast, wonton soup, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: