Thursday, November 24

Thankseating

Betsy woke me up luxuriously late. By 11 me n' Edie were on the big bike to Central Park. By the time we got there, Edie was comfortably napping so we sat in the Poet's Walk while watching the tourists, reminiscing about my dad and I sitting there, and making phone calls. Edie ate her lunch while sitting on my lap in a playground  across from Mt. Sinai, then we went to B's Aunt S on the UES for Thanksgiving lunch -- lunch instead of dinner, due to all the senior citizens and babies involved. Most of the food was ordered in, but someone brought some glorious mashed potatoes, and I brought some pumpkin knishes and some local pickles.

It was a nice affair, but I look forward someday to hosting a family thanksgiving in my own home, just like my parents did and gave me such wonderful, warm feelings of family. That I really hope to be able to pass along to my children.

E & I left around 4:30 by bike to catch the last of the sun, and we went down Central Park and Broadway to Times Square -- the first time Edie really saw Times Square in full throttle. It was pretty groovy.

BREAKFAST: 9:30am, fruit smoothie, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 2:30pm, turkey &gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, string beans, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 5:30pm, graham crackers & nutella, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 8:30pm, frozen pizza, large green salad, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: