Saturday, January 7

Like James Brown, I'm BACK!

Despite only 4 hours of sleep, when I was woken around 5am this morning a veil had been lifted. My body was ache free, my head clear for the first time in two weeks.


TODAY'S COOKING:
Basic Tomato Sauce: It was a bummer running out of the last container of homemade and having Betsy bring in horrid jarred stuff. More annoyingly, B asked me to skip all the fresh herbs I use in my sauce (oregano, thyme, basil) -- I guess she prefers the flat taste of jarred stuff. I imagine if I jarred my sauce and put it up on a shelf for a year, Betsy would like it more. Hrumph.


Grilled Cheese: I wasn't hungry, but fed the family. B's 100-ingredient store bought whole wheat bread, swiss, a few tomato slices, brushed in butter and fried on the caste iron grill pan. Had a nice brown line pattern on it and crunched nicely when I cut them.

AM SNACK: 5:45am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 7am, smoothie, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


BREAKFAST pt 2: 10:15am, egg mcmuffin minus the egg, 2 little hashbrowns, diet coke, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 3pm, meatball hero, salad, a few french fries, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 4:45pm, spoonful of homemade chocolate ice cream

DINNER: 8pm, handful of bagel-wrapped mini hotdogs, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: