Monday, January 2

Ugg

An unfortunate lack of sleep is preventing me from fully recovering, still a lack of energy and appetite running at 85%. Hopefully I'll be me again sooner than later, I miss participating in life!

Looking at the week before I got sick, the combination of poor eating, rich holiday food on hand, lack of sleep and exposure to some friends who had stomach bugs themselves (who I've learned have also been sick for a similar period as me this time around) just became a perfect storm to knock me down and hold me there for a while.

I miss having fresh homemade food on hand -- my home has been invaded by  whole grain "healthy" bread with about 75 ingredients that tastes not unlike cardboard, jarred tomato sauce that is vastly inferior to a simple prep of olive oil, garlic and dried basil (with a dash of Worcestershire) and an evil expulsion of my chocolate covered espresso beans. I gotta get back.


BREAKFAST: 8am, cornflakes with milk, iced green tea, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: noon, mini pizza, small scoop of chocolate ice cream, seltzer, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 3:30pm, good yogurt with honey, peanuts, vanilla, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 5pm, pizza, water, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 6pm, scoop of chocolate ice cream, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 10pm, waffles, goldfish, cornflakes & milk, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: