Tuesday, February 14

A Day at Work

Woke up pleasantly sore -- let's me know I'm not wasting my time and efforts in the weights. Babysitter came early and I made it to school at noon for some brownie-infused recruitment for the 2nd class I'm teaching starting in March. Spent the afternoon at the school cleaning and inventorying the supply closet, as we recently got a new funding source that allows us to buy all the supplies and equipment we need, then after a quick lunch out, taught from 4 to 7:30. Nice bike ride home in the dark, snuggles with Edie, a hodge podge dinner & TV.

AM SNACK: 8:30am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 9:15am, organic cheerios with organic dead milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 3pm, lobster roll, a few chips, whoopee pie, sarsaparilla soda, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
This is the first time in a long time I had a proper 8 hour work day, so I treated myself to a nice lunch. Walked over to the Lobster Pound on Van Brunt. They gave me a complimentary whoopee pie (I guess I'm just charming or something) which was not what I needed, but it tasted good. It came with a bag of chips, which I ate one of then thought, "y'know, the grease and the calories are not worth the satisfaction I'll get from eating this." Between the soda and pie, it's already a lotta sugar, don't need the extra kick of the chips. And I was right, this was a very satisfying, decadent meal without the chips.

PM SNACK: 5pm, grape soda, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

SCHOOL SNACK: 7pm, farro & sausage, a bite of brownie, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
A big pot of food, but this kind of dish needs to sit in a fridge for a few days and thicken up before it's completely delicious.


DINNER: 9pm, whole wheat chicken nuggets, baby carrots, granola bar, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
It's late, I'm hungry, I don't wanna cook. Ate some of Edie's nuggets (well, I paid for 'em) and ate the granola bar I brought to school today but forgot to eat.

EVENING SNACK: 11pm, potato chips, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
I write how many "bowls" in each entry, to keep mindful of quantity, but this is the first time in a while I actually consciously used a smaller bowl to limit quantity. I filled the small bowl up to the top with chips, and it felt like a lot, but it was not.

No comments: