Friday, February 17

Warm fuzzies

Got the laundry in early, felt better -- my neck isn't sore anymore, got a solid 7 hours sleep. Pushed it a little lifting weights, felt good. I doubt anyone but me can see it, but my muscles are feeling harder and a little swollen in a good, mass-building way. I'm hardly the Situation, but makes me look forward to the Spring to see how a bike handles under me with this additional core strength.

As I knew the in laws were coming over for a dinner that I was not to be cooking (i.e. ordering in), I was extra careful to eat healthy during the day to have some sort of balance...

Dinner was delicious in that comforting way, Chinese take out was a popular family meal with my parents, and it set a warm fuzzy blanket of tired on my right after I finished, passing out on the couch at 7pm.

AM SNACK: 7:45am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 9:30am, hardcore oatmeal, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Finished the can of McCann's, which I bought after getting sick - I guess that is a marker of time, I haven't gotten sick of this push for healthier eating yet! I also doubled up on the vanilla, salt, butter and brown sugar, as the last batch was tepid. MUCH better, and still relative low in this additions.

LUNCH: 12:15pm, breaded tilapia, baby spinach salad, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Breakthrough! I didn't have any baby carrots left to counter the mild chalky bitterness, and have been finding the bottled Italian dressing way too vinegary and strong. So I looked in the cupboard for an alternate and there it was: blanched slivered almonds!! A sprinkle of it gave the needed textural and flavor counterpoint to make the spinach pop to life AND it's a super healthy food. Huzzah! I dressed it with a little olive oil and a little balsamic, and it was mostly perfect -- perhaps a light sprinkle of salt would make it restaurant worthy.


PM SNACK: 2pm, apple

PM SNACK: 4pm, handful of whole grain pretzel sticks
Edie was running around with the bag in the playroom, it was impossible to resist sharing them with her.



DINNER: 6pm, roast pork & tofu in brown sauce over veg fried rice, shrimp toast, a couple of steamed vegetable dumplings, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Delivery with the family. My attitude is starting to emerge about bad-for-you food similar to alcohol and other similar activities -- it's only acceptable when done socially with friends or family.

No comments: