Wednesday, February 29

Gobble 'em up!

Woke up with a sore spot where my right kidney, a slight headache, and a dehydrated cotton mouth (though I drank 3 quarts of water yesterday), but not in pain. Glad I skipped the oxy last night, don't wanna be hooked on no hillbilly heroin...and I want those pills on hand in case I do have another bout! Gobble 'em up, there all gone!

Rough night, as Edie didn't feel like eating during the day, but found her appetite several times in the middle of the night. I was up around 5:45, half awake feeding Mil, fortunately B came in at some point and let me sleep for another 1.5 hours.

B went back to work, Edie is in school, today try to get back to normal. Before the sitter came at one, just focused on chores, the laundry & the litter, making breakfast, looking after Milli Mil. Laid on the couch for most of the rest of the day. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be returning to full strength.


AM SNACK: 7:45am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 10am, smoothie, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Well, I blended this one longer than the last, and the hard nits have reappeared, oh well. Made a double batch so I could freeze up some "noisey ice cream" for Edles.

LUNCH: noon, small slice of cold pizza, baby spinach with slivered almonds & carrot dressing, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 1:15pm, popcorn, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 6:15pm, whole wheat rotelle with vegetables & wine, pint of grenadine soda, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Had some veg that I bought to make lentils, but the recent health scare put a crimp on my cooking. Softened a minced onions, cooked down a box of sliced criminis, added 3 cloves of minced garlic and a couple of cups of frozen chopped spinach. Cooked it down for a few minutes, added dry oregano and basil,  a squirt of Worcestershire, a squirt of sirracha and then a couple cups of white wine, cooked down until it was wet, not soupy. Turned off heat, salted to taste and slapped a cold pat of butter on and stirred it around. It was good, the mushroom, wine and spicy sirracha dominated the flavors, but the onion and dried spices did a nice back ground note.


EVENING SNACK: 8pm, chocolate chips & almonds, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: