Friday, February 24

Gryadon, Anais & Roo

Last day of Edie's school's winter break! Joined B & his two similarly aged chillun' for a bus ride to the far west side to visit the Children's Museum of Art. Definitely a different crowd -- the kid's names were Graydon, Lulu, Anais, Roo and Honere, among others. Seriously.

Slow walk home with two sleeping bebes, spent the afternoon making dressing and keeping on top of the tots. When grandma arrived around 5, I got a quick weight lifting session in. This time Edie didn't try to get on my back, but still did a few downward-facing dog poses while I did push ups.

I did detect something in the Chinese food, but it might have been natural umami rather than MSG -- if they added MSG, it was a lot more subtle. After eating much more MSG elsewhere, I can can say with certainty that whatever it is that makes Chinese food make people sleepy, it ain't MSG. I crawled into bed and passed out around 10pm. Children: Better than MSG for sleep.

Considering color coding my entries again. Looking at today, everything until dinner is green, everything after is red, he he.

TODAY'S COOKING:
 Carrot dressing: Used this recipe again, despite thinking I can improve it -- thing is, I had all the ingredients on hand, why not just use it up? Made a triple batch, used my stored caramelized onions in replace of the 1.5 raw onions I didn't have, shouldn't hurt it at all. Unless it spoils, this should guide my spinach and momma salads for the next week or two.

BREAKFAST: 7:45am, iced green tea, hardcore oatmeal, banana, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Actually set the oatmeal up last night, simmered for a minute and put in the fridge until this morning.


PM SNACK: 12:15pm, 2 homemade granola bars, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Walking home from the far west side, glad I had this in my pocket to keep my hunger in check. Was tempted by various food trucks and restaurants, particularly when both babies were asleep, but figured we'd be ordering in food with my momma-in-law, so best keep it on the healthy tip....

LUNCH: 1:45pm, whole wheat pasta with homemade sauce and a little parm, baby carrots with carrot ginger dressing, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Eating for 1, Edie already taken care of, so I measured out 4 oz -- twice the recommended portion size on the box. It was a good moderately large entree portion in my eyes, how 1/4 of this could be a USDA portion boggles my mind. With the carrots, this was a satisfying lunch but I could have eaten twice as much just from habit.

DINNER: 6:15pm, curry beef over veg fried rice, shrimp toast, a spring roll, 2 cans of Sprite, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
This seems to be becoming a tradition - a good tradition - of some sinful but convenient delivery food with grandma and the whole family. Once a week, I can deal, Tom Cruise style. Though I probably 


EVENING SNACK: 7pm, wonton soup, a little veg lo mein, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 9pm, peanuts & chocolate chips, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: