Sunday, February 19

A Vist to my bruddah, a visit to terrible eating

Rented a car and took the family unit up to Albany to visit my brother and his horde of hotten tots. As expected, my eating was horrible -- too busy getting the car and getting everything in order to feed myself properly, eating a bagel on the road to keep my stomach from chewing itself. We hit a McDonalds drive-thru outside of Albany and chowed in the parking lot, oh so American, I felt vastly underweight. Again, fast food on the thruway home. Weird, I actually feel a bit crappier from the day's eating, I would probably feel even worse tomorrow evening if I stuck to fast food. Looking forward to food shopping tomorrow and having a larder full o' fresh veg, healthy stuff and the like.

AM SNACK: 6:15am, iced green tea


AM SNACK: 9:45am, 1/2 a bagel, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: noon, 2 hamburgers, fries, 3 chicken nuggets, diet coke, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 1:30pm, 1/4 bagel with cream cheese, a cup of apple juice, a cupcake, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 4:45pm, 3/4 of a Pizzeria Uno "Pizza", handful of fries, diet coke, baggie of chocolate chip cookies, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER 2: 9pm, cheese tortellini with tomato, garlic, butter, dried herbs & MSG, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5 
Hungry, but nothing healthy or fresh on hand. So I tossed this dish together, and dossed it with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon MSG to see how it would be. It was that fine line between delicous and weird. As with when I tasted it straight, it left a weird meaty aftertaste for hours afte I had finished. MSG is STRONG. This big dish would probably could have used 1/4 teaspoon of MSG and still been fine.

No comments: