Wednesday, February 8

Up the Walls

And old friend and her toddler come over in the morning to hang out and share smoothies, had coverage in the afternoon and took myself out to lunch -- in a few weeks, I'll be teaching on Wednesdays, too, but we put the child care coverage down in advance. Nice dinner at a friend's in the hood with kids crawling up the walls.


TODAY'S COOKING
White Bean Dip: Made this recipe pretty much faithfully, an alternative to bottled salad dressing. It came out nice and salad-dressing runny, but I wonder how it'll thicken when it's chilled... I suppose even if it thickens to hummus-like standards, it'll still liven up the momma style salad.


Health Salad: Kinda forgot about this slaw, a good simple side.



AM SNACK: 8:30am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 10am, smoothie, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
Yep, lose the raspberries, halve the pineapple, and we'll have a divine smoothie. Pretty good, makes me feel good, but look forward to working through the gallon of frozen fruit to create a new mix...


LUNCH: 1:30pm, veg dim sum, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Took myself out to lunch, but improved. I always order too much when I go to veg dim sum by myself, but I limited myself to 3 small plates and it was a nice, proper amount in which I was able to finish everything and feel good after. Not enough veg, very starchy, but it hit the spot.


DINNER: 6:45pm, shake n' bake boneless chicken thigh, boxed mac n' cheese, a little roasted broc, 2 wedges of salted chocolate caramel tart, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Took the fam over to a neighbor's house for dinner, a little bit raucous but a good time. Brought the last of the 3 tarts I made for the stupor bowl -- I wiped off about 2/3 of the finishing salt before presenting it, was definitely more balanced....

EVENING SNACK; 9:45pm, Special K with milk. .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: