Monday, March 5

Fish Fail

Reps are going a little on weight routine, look forward to doubling the original amount so I can cut them back and increase the weight.

TODAY'S COOKING:
Scrod with Chorizo: I was going to cook up a frozen breaded tilapia in the freezer, but the more I thought about how it tastes versus the fresh scrod I picked up the other week, the thought of the freezer fish seemed much less appealing. So Edie & Milli Mil & I swung by the market on the way home from picking Edie up from school. Last time, I prepared it simply, butter and Old Bay, and broiled it for 5 minutes.

This time, I cut up my half-link of chorizo into thin slices, quartered the slices and scattered them on top of the fillet. Added a few pats of butter, and roasted at 400 for 10 minutes (unlike last week, this was a thicker piece). I thought the chorizo's salty/smokey/fatty make up would give the fish a big taste, but it wasn't nearly as salty, smokey or fatty as I thought and the fish was quite underwhelming. I imagine the technique used in the fish I've eaten in high-end restaurants that involve little bits of sausage are a little bit more sophisticated than what I did. Next time I attempt to flavor a roasted fish with a sausage, gonna refer to a recipe for technique first.

AM SNACK: 7:30am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 10am, hardcore granola, an apple, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 12:30pm, left over whole wheat rotini with mushroom, spinach and onion, a pickle, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
This had to be twice the suggested serving, but it didn't seem excessive. For pasta 3 or 4 days old, tasted surprisingly spritely and fresh. I think the siraccha kick it has somehow helped preserve it.

PM SNACK: 4:30pm, granola bar, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 6pm,  Baked Scrod with chorizo, roasted brussel sprouts, brown rice mix, 7 oz ginger ale, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 7pm, 7oz ginger ale

EVENING SNACK: 8pm, graham crackers with nutella, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 9pm, whole wheat pretzel rods, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: