Thursday, April 12

Comfort and decompression in food

So Edie woke up with a rash on her front and back, though not feverish. We skipped a playdate in the back of our building with her classmates, as I did not want to spread whatever she has, but it was hard, between her bouncing off the walls and Milli needing attention. At one point, it was a chorus of wails, one under each arm, but that soon lead to a sleeping Milli and Edie watching Yo Gabba Gabba in peace. Still, it was not an easy morning. I needed comfort, and food gave that to me for lunch.

Baby sitter came and got Mil, I put Edie on the big bike and we rode to see the doctor the long way -- instead of going cross town, we circled the tip of Manhattan, and it was just what we needed. I felt my tension release, and Edie sang at the top of her lungs until she fell asleep. The doc says she has roseola (roe-zee-OH-la), a cute name for a mild condition. A few days of fever, followed by 3 days of mild rash. Communicable to other kids until the rash goes away. Mild headache. So Edie is in the last stages, and should be ready to re-debut into society on Saturday. -sigh-

Betsy took Edie home from the doc, and I decompressed with dinner at Dojo and some solo food shopping at Pathmark. Dojo doesn't have the greatest food, but it's relatively healthy and I just needed to be served and sit in silence, no dishes, no cooking, no need for my attention. -phew- Treated myself to a sack o' cookies in front of the TV in the evening.

AM SNACK: 8:30am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 9:30am, hardcore oatmeal, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: noon, stouffers French bread pizzas, handful of baby carrots, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 5pm, hijiki tofu sandwich on whole wheat pita, large spinach salad, cold sesame noodles, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 7:30pm, package of Milano cookies, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: