Tuesday, May 22

Hong Kong not for me

Still feeling sick, stuffy nose, sore throat, head achey, but better. Lifted weights in the morning.

AM SNACK: 7:30am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 10:15am, smoothie, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 12:30pm, rice noodles & fishball, Hong Kong lotus leaf wrap, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Got lunch at the Chinese cart at the corner of Canal & Essex. She was out of the usual small lotus leaf wraps I get, which have a small amount of minced, soy-heavy pork in the middle of the sticky rice, so I got some other wrap she had. This one was larger and held together with string. Same sticky rice, but it quickly got different as I ate through it. Rice changed in texture and turned yellow. The middle was a sloid piece of pork with a healthy piece of fat attached to it. I realized there was an egg in there that was steamed to cook into the rice and....I didn't like it. I did eat about half of it, but was just too eggy for my taste.

DINNER: 6:30pm, whole wheat pasta with spinach, shrimp and homemade sauce, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 10pm, chocolate chips & almonds, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: