Saturday, May 26

Eat through a ride

Road the bike to Seaside Heights today, about 85 miles total. Tried to avoid having meals, but have a lot of snacks -- it worked. I wasn't hungry or thirsty the whole day, and when I got home I threw down 2 slices that were lying around, but felt pretty in control after that -- a little watermelon easily finished me. Able to cook some sweet stuff and almost none went down my throat -- if I was in calorie deficit, that bowl of watermelon would have been a bowl of ice cream.

TODAY'S COOKING
Vanilla Ice Cream & Strawberry Compote: The host whose party we're going to tomorrow asked for "strawberry vanilla" ice cream, a combo I do not like, so I made the strawberry element as a topping rather than as a mix-in. Took 2/3 pf a pint of a strawberries and mashed and cooked them with some sugar and rum. Once juiced well-released, made smooth in a food processor and added in the other 1/3, finely sliced. Vanilla ice cream came out well.

AM SNACK: 6:45am, iced green tea


AM SNACK: 7:30am, watermelon, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


BIKE SNACK: 8:15am, 2 donuts, churro, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


BIKE SNACK: 11:45am, 32 oz gatorade


BIKE SNACK 1pm, pizza slice, diet coke, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


BIKE SNACK: 2:30pm, bag of munchos, slurpie, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


BIKE SNACK: 4:45pm, suspiciously bad burger, fries, ice cream cone, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 7:30pm, 2 slices pizza, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 9pm, watermelon, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: