Thursday, May 24

Hungry Man

Chilled with Mil in the morning, got laundry done, taught in the afternoon, food shopped in the evening, fed my childhood nostalgia in the evening.

AM SNACK: 8:15am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 9:15am, hardcore oatmeal, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: noon, 2 hot dogs with mustard & caramelized onion, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


SCHOOL SNACK: 3:30pm, 3oz of various snack chips, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Tiny one ounce packs of chips have 110 calories -- wow.

SCHOOL SNACK: 6pm, farro & sausage, 10oz coca cola, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 9:30pm, Hungry Man Salisbury Steak Frozen Dinner, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Picked up something different at the super market, something comforting from my childhood. Definitely not as good as I remember. Potatoes were clearly reconstituted from dry, the microwave-baked brownie was oddly cake-like. I never ate the string beans as a kid, but I ate them now, and they were over-cooked and oddly sweet. Why are they in so much liquid? The Salisbury steaks were kinda rubbery and overly sweet too, but they had this really appealing grilled flavor I distinctly remember from childhood. The Salisbury steaks I made for a dinner party a few months ago were ridiculously superior.

B b'd and moaned at me this morning after finding the container in the trash. I had to explain to her that a) it was fun and mindful,  not a chore or mindless, b) it was 1/3 the calories of a box of donuts that give me the same comfort and c) just because your not pregnant doesn't mean you shouldn't be barefoot and quiet! (that's husband jokes for ya)

No comments: