Thursday, May 17

That Bubble

Got it locked down in the morning: cooking, laundry, weights, lesson plans, Milli-care. Taught in the afternoon, the student whose mom died yesterday wandered through while I was setting up. I told him I heard, and I was sorry, but he didn't want to talk about it, we chatted about food for 10 minutes before I had to start and he had to split. I guess the relief from the immense mourning he must be feeling right now was something I could provide for him. I remember being in that bubble, it's a shitty place to be, the kind of place that makes you feel glad you only have 2 parents to lose. Eesh.

TODAY'S COOKING:
Tomato Sauce: Ran out a week ago, found 2 or 3 times that I was craving it. So I got it on early in the AM to be ready for lunch. 2 diced onions to soft, added three grated carrots, cooked for another 5. Added fresh oregano and thyme, gave another 3 minutes. Added 5 mashed cloves of garlic and a cup of horrible super-sweet kosher "Cream Niagara" which was given to us over Purim. Cooked off the wine, added four milled cans of whole tomato. Brought to simmer, added a chopped bunch of basil, and 3 parm and romano rinds. After an hour of simmering, looked nice and thick, took out the remnants of the rinds and salted to taste.

AM SNACK: 6:45am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 9:15am, hardcore oatmeal, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: noon, whole wheat spag with fresh sauce, 3 school made meatballs and small momma salad, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 1pm, large piece of homemade cheesecake, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
Should of had smaller or skipped it, but from when I woke up from 6:30am, been zooming from cooking sauce, doing laundry, lifting weights, making catering menus & class lessons AND looking after Milli. Oddly enough, ate this while watching the HBO doc, "Weight of the Nation". Eesh.

SCHOOL SNACK: 6pm, a little flank steak, a little sauteed spinach, some mac n' cheese, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 9:30pm, bag of Milano cookies, 1.25 bowl, huger 4/5
Double eesh. Needed comfort.

No comments: