Thursday, June 21

Ready, set....go?! Yeah, go!

Part of me says, "Oh, I'll start restricting my calories next week" but there is a part of me that needs to be early -- on time is the same thing as late. So without totally thinking it through, today I'm going to try to keep my intake during the week to under 2,500 or so. It's not as low as the nutritionist recommended (2,200-2,350) but for now I think it's a reasonable goal.

Lifted weights in the morning, still feeling the stress of just bumping up the amounts. Still, it's great that I can do 20 push ups without pausing -- in high school, my peak push-ups was 10. Rereading that sentence, yes, midlife crisis! Gonna ride this crisis to my advantage, dang it.

THE COUNT: 2,420

AM SNACK: 8:30am, iced green tea, 25 cal

BREAKFAST: 10:15am, steel cut oats, a banana, 520 cal


AM SNACK: 11:30am, momma salad with ranch, 145 cal


LUNCH: 1:15pm, health salad, chicken nuggz, whole wheat spag with homemade sauce, 800 cal
For the first time eva, I prepped and ate 1 official serving of pasta: 2oz, 210 cal undressed. I guess in the scheme of a meal as a side dish, it makes sense. Edie's whole-grain breaded chicken nuggets are not the greatest source of protein, but it's what I have on hand.

PM SNACK: 2:45pm, 21 oz diet coke, 0 cal
This was a small fountain drink, for f@ck's sake.

DINNER: 6:30pm, 2 ears corn with butter, roasted brussel sprouts, 1 pancake, 8oz beer, 930 cal
Originally it was going to be 1 corn, but as I was taking my broiled cod out of the oven, the sizzling juices spread enough to the cooler part of the glass pan that it made it shatter, -sigh-. I guess this is why people use broiler pans, will note that for the next broil-a-thon.

EVENING SNACK: 8:30pm, 8oz diet sprite, 0 cal
Hmmm. Not a great habit to get into, diet soda. Am I on a precipice?

No comments: