Monday, June 18

Got-R-Dun

Spent the day until having to leave to pick up Edie making knishes, juggling a Milli, lifting weights, making a smoothie (and making a cal count on a new bag of frozen fruit mix), trying to clean up to my wife's exacting specifications AND do the laundry. The fact that

  • Milli got fed and was smiley, 
  • the knishes came out all pretty-like, 
  • breakfast was more accurate than ever (and tasty), 
  • I organized and lifted the next weight level up with negative pull-ups, 
  • loaded and unloaded 4 dishwasher  loads, 
  • got the laundry DUN, 
  • and got out of the house on time

was pretty satisfying. I'm a good house-husband (well, most of the time.)

WEEKEND REPORT
My bike broke a spoke when I was in Lynbrook at 6 in the morning and was forced to leave the ride. I made the best of it, and had an adventure walking 8.5 miles from there to the Jamaica subway station. It was beautiful weather, I never been in that part of the city, and had a nice break at Rochdale Village, which are sister coops to the place where I live, but is way too far out in deep dark Queens to ever visit.  Legs were sore, but in a good mood. Eating was kept to a normal clip.

Sunday was Father's day, I did the fatherly thing and made pancakes in the morning (210 cal per pancake!) I rode the big bike with Edie up to Central Park, the other 2 joined us and we had a nice picnic of bagels and donuts in the Sheep's Meadow. It was a groovy father's day, my first with 2 rugrats and a beaming wife.

---

I think today's count is a little low because a) I was too busy to over-eat most of the day and b) my pm snacks and dinner were guess counts, and could be wildly wrong, though I don't think they are.

THE COUNT: 2,405

AM SNACK: 7am, iced green tea, 25 cal

BREAKFAST: 10:15am, smoothie, 380 cal


PM SNACK: 12:30pm, kasha knish, +/- 150 cal
I really should get on doing counts on my knishes. I chose the smallest looking knish to taste, as it would of looked slightly out of place on a tray of knishes for sale.

LUNCH: 1:30pm, PB&J on whole wheat, baby carrots, water, 550 cal


PM SNACK: 4:30pm, slice of pizza, +/- 250 cal


DINNER: 6:30pm, eggplant hero with no cheese, garden salad with light dressing, 8oz beer +/- 1050 cal


EVENING SNACK: 9pm, 8oz diet sprite, 0 cal

No comments: