Saturday, September 29

Pizza of My Mother

piADDENDA:
Planned to ride today, but after hitting up the Union Square market at 8am, realized I needed to chill and take care of chores at home. Made a big salad, and an apple crumble for the first time.

BREAKFAST:
6:45am, 3 large pancakes, 5 pieces low-sodium bacon, dirtpill, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK: 11am, whole foods cookie, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 2pm, large fresh salad, 2 slices local pizza, hunger 4/5
Walked across the street and brought home 2 slices from my local. In my mom's lasts days, she and her sister ordered a pizza from this place a few times. I'd come over and eat up 5 slices.,, what they'd have Left. Not very good pizza, but it's the pizza of my mother.

PM SNACK: 4pm, large piece home made apple crumble, hunger 3/5
Craving sweets again! I made this today, from fresh apples from this morning's farmer's market and all organic ingredients, simple to make. Betsy sent me the recipe before she split this weekend to see her dad, I thought I make it for her to surprise her. I meant only to have a little piece, but I was shocked by how good it was, a whole 'nuther piece jumped up and lept down my throat!

DINNER: 8pm, lots of brerad, mozzeralla caprese salad, rigatoni with fresh tomato and cheese, one half glass of wine, one half of an over-sized gin&tonic., hunger 3/5
Went up to Westchester to celebrate an old friend's birthday. Restaurant was kind of awful, but didn't say anything as didn't want to be the snotty city guy amongst the local down-staters...

Wen to a bar right after, by a train station. I ordered a G&T to be sociable, and the damn thing came filled to the top in a 16oz cup! WTF?

No comments: