Sunday, September 23

Sundays with Betsy

ADDENDA:
Because of riding, didn't get to hit up the greenmarket in Union Square. Went to the local greenmarket this morning, pretty scarce, but did buy more local honey for yogurt, the upcoming oatmeal season and a future tofu pie. Bought ingredients for a full salad at Wholefoods, mostly organic.

The check-out kid asked if the romaine lettuce was green-lettuce, fair enough question. Then he asked me if the celery was asparagus! When he rang up the $4/lb shallot as a yellow cooking onion ($.99/lb) I didn't correct him... maybe I'm not as unknowlegable about food than I thought....

Spent the day with my wife, was really nice. We pedalled over to Brooklyn for brunch walked my friend back to her house and found ourselves on the edge of Prospect Park. We grinded up a wooded hill, found a spot to read the Sunday Times for a while, then pedalled out of the park through Clinton Hill to the Williamsburg Bridge. All evening I de-jewelcased my record collection into little plastic sleeves while she did work, it was very comfortable. (However, I only got through about 1/10th of my collection, oy....)

BREAKFAST: 6:45am, yogurt with honey and peanuts, hunger 4/5
Left over hunger from yesterday's exertion.

AM SNACK: 10am, banana, hunger 4/5
Forgot about these. Flecked with black, perfectly sweet and firm. Does this count as a sweet? I guess in competition with gelato, donuts and cookies, Ilsa would say "No"....

AM SNACK: 10:45am, 2 pieces whole wheat toast with hummus, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 1:30pm, 2 huge pieces of french toast slathered with nutella in the middle, bacon, small glass of OJ, a few sips of tea, water, hunger 4/5
Brooklyn brunch with friends, this dish came with a side of syrup, a side of dulche de leche, and caramelized banana on top. The chocolate inside already made it ridiculously sweet and deserty, who the hell would want all the other sweets on top of that? Yuk!! Real meal or no, this was definitely the sweets for the day.

PM SNACK: 5pm, 2 pints of water

DINNER: 8pm, 1 spinach knish with mustard, one small frozen pizza, hunger 4/5
Freezer fishin'. Unlike the past, this frozen pizza has been sitting around for a full month - usually, they'd disappear at a rapid rate. Wasn't very good, in fact was quite crappy, and this was a fancy expensive gourmet brand that I used a pizza stone to get the crust cripsy/chewy. I gotta make my own...

EVENING SNACK: 10:30pm, 2 large squares dark chocolate, hunger 3/5
Sweet craving. Eh, it's Sunday, a little indulgence won't kill me.

No comments: