Tuesday, January 29

Pancakes just keep getting better

ADDENDA:
Betsy made a crack about the other day when I was feeling crappier, worried I was overeating - referred to the pasta I made for lunch as a very large serving and the Thai food I ordered for dinner as a 'brick' - a term I usually reserve for the obscenely dense bricks that Chinese take out comes in. I imagine when I focus on lowering my weight, I'll have to focus not only on making good healthy food, but eating less of it, too....

Still stuffy, but feel a lot better. Slept a little fitfully, but OK.

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, home made pancakes and bacon, hunger 4/5
Used whipped eggwhites as a fluffing agent again, I must say these are some of the best pancakes I ever made/ate. Bacon is organic and uncured from WF, salty but reasonably so.

LUNCH: 12:15pm, homemade baked ziti, water, hunger 4/5
Katya came over to use my computer, made lunch. Actually, it's a baked penne but whose to nit-pick. The sauce was homemade but frozen, and mixed a buffala mozz with fresh cow because WF was out of the good stuff. Came out pretty damn good, pretty too. Bread crumbs were freshly made, too.

Still got a ton of risotto. Guess I'll freeze this jam for when I have less time to cook!

LUNCH #2: 4pm, small green salad, small portion of baked ziti, hunger 4/5
Granted, the portion of ziti I had for lunch was small, I was feeling a bit guilty after B expressed her concern about portion size. But Dinner ain't till 7ish, and I'm hungry. Better a bunch of small meals then a few biggies, right?

DINNER: 6:30pm, sushi platter, water, 1 piece of multigrain bread with weird vegetable spread, hunger 4/5
Nice dinner outwith some colleagues/friends from the old job. Ironically, got a call during dinner, will be going to the office for a freelance project Thurs-Tues.

EVENING SNACK: 10:30, small bowl of risotto, hunger 4/5
Not enough for dinner. Found some interesting recipes of what to do with gluey risotto, looks good for an interesting lunch tomorrow...

No comments: