Sunday, January 27

Casa de Wildman: Overrun with Ladies

ADDENDA:
Slept from 9:30 to 8, had some crazy dreams. I dreamt I went back to college, as a freshman, back to SUNY Albany, living on the miserable campus. Only this time I was black, with mini-dreads, kinda like that horrible 80s movie 'Soul Man'. I had full knowledge of my past, but everyone else I assumed I was an 18 year old black kid with 'wacky' street cred. Weird.

Also dreamt I visited my home in Staten Island, as if both my parents were still alive and never sold the house. For some reason the house was not as I remembered it, becoming more of a Victorian mansion with medieval ramparts at the front. It was pleasingly overgrown with vines and roosting wildlife, and my parents were happy and leading a good life there.

Have a cough, stuffy nose, not so much a headache. Cancelling all plans today and just going to read, watch the tube, read the job listing and snuggle my wonderful ladies, feline and otherwise!

AM DRUGGING: 8:15am, dirtpill, 500mg Vitamin C

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, good yogurt with vanilla and honey, hunger 3.5/5
Despite feeling ill, not affecting my appetite.

LUNCH: 12:15pm, wholewheat fusilli with garlic, oil & mushrooms, half a bottle of seltzer, hunger 4/5
Experimented with this pasta, sweating garlic and onion in olive oil and a pat of butter, a dash of white wine, a dash of sea salt to help sweat the vegetable matter, a sprinkle dried basil, and thinly sliced criminis, all kinda run together under very low heat. Topping the pasta with this and some freshly ground cheese, I was surprised how yummy it came out, definitely restaurant worthy. A great meal to veg on the couch with.

PM DRUGGING: 4:15pm, 2 extra strength tylenol
Headache came raging back when I stood up from the couch and felt light-headed. Still stuffed up and coughy.

PM SNACK: 5:45pm, large green salad with ranch dressing, hunger 4/5
Don't know what to do about dinner so I took this punt...

DINNER: 8pm, shrimp masamam curry with sticky rice, tofu tod, hunger 4/5
Ordered in Thai. Hark, is this a desert free day?!

No comments: