Wednesday, January 30

Arancini, bambini!

BREAKFAST: 9am, good yogurt with honey, vanilla, raw cashews, hunger 3/5

BP 11:30am: 133/90
Haven't been very physical lately, my plan to intensify yoga routed by my employment situation. Too cold to ride.

LUNCH: 1pm, homemade arancini with homemade tomato sauce, water, hunger 4/5
Did a search to find the best way to reheat gluey cold risotto - most said either microwave it or pan heat with a bit of stock. One person said there is NO way to bring risotto back to life - the traditional way of using leftover risotto is to make arancini - rice balls. Basically you mix an egg into the cold risotto, ball it up around a stuffing (I had some mozz lying around), dredge in flour, bath it in egg, coat it in crumbs (I just used wholewheat flour) then deep fry till golden (I only had olive oil around) They actually came out pretty good, though a bit loose and messy - this method of cooking is definitely a feel-thing. I feel like I'm sketching, trying to develop a feel for the tools of this art - only I get to eat the art and judge pretty immediately if it's good or not!

DINNER: 7pm, 2 shrimp spring rolls, baby carrots with guacamole, 1 small piece of thai peanut marinaded mahi mahi, 1 slice chocolate cake, hunger 4/5
Wow, this is my first mid-meal post! After the arancini, I cleaned up then installed myself on the couch to digest, where I promptly fell asleep. I woke up feeling guilty - lazy & unemployed, sleeping the afternoon away when I was planning to make some pro-active motions towards the situation. So I forced myself out of the house at 5pm, rode over to Chelsea Market to buy a new houseplant. Food Network is based there, and I wandered the market looking at people who probably worked there, feeling a bit crummy. Found an Italian-supply shop, wandered in and found a really good price on bufalla moz.

On the way home, stopped by Whole Foods just to buy dinner for tonight. The greezy arancini still rolling around in my stomach, I had to think long and hard about what I wanted to eat...and what I came up with was....carrots and cake (not carrot cake, I hate that stuff!) So I got a bag of baby carrots, some house-made guac (not very good, surprisingly), a palm piece of raw fish, and a container of 2 fresh spring rolls. When I got home, popped the fish in the oven and ate the carrots, guac and rolls. Waiting for the fish to be ready before the cake....

It was tempting to buy some prepared heat n' eat thing, as I didn't feel like cooking, but baking a piece of pre-marinated fish isn't really cooking....and pre-cooked fish is by far always not that great.

EVENING DRUGGING: 10:30pm, 2 tumms
Lots of fried food doesn't agree with me, I'm coming to realize...

No comments: