Thursday, February 7

Finding My Portion

ADDENDA:
Not feeling well today. Woke up at 8 with B, but no energy, need to be close to the bathroom most of the day. Got out to Wholefoods for shopping, was fun, but found myself drained when I got back.

BREAKFAST: 9am, organic wholegrain cheerios with good milk, hunger 3/5

LUNCH: 1pm, left over roast potatoes with merguez sausage, water, hunger 4/5
Dumped the container onto a plate and zapped it. When I sat down I realized this is a good 3 lbs of food - probably not a reasonable portion, though I could see myself eating the whole thing. After eating a little more than half, I felt content (though not full) and stopped. I imagine a 2nd small lunch may be needed later.

PM SNACK: 5pm, good yogurt with honey, hunger 4/5
Despite shopping for tomorrow night's blow-out meal, didn't pick up anything lunch-worthy!

DINNER: 6:30pm, 5/8s of a large Margerita DOC pizza, 3 pieces of chocolate babka, 1 beer, hunger 4/5
Nice romantic evening at home with the B, nice cap to a day where I was feeling crappy and down. Never drank beer out of a wine glass before! Ordered the pizza from Isabella's, really good, but because it's so thin and the cheese is so sparse (but pleasingly so), eating 5 slices is more like the caloric equivalent of eating 2 street slices. The chocolate babka (purchased from Wholefoods) was good, but not as good as 2nd Ave Deli - would like to maybe try to make my own.

An hour or so later, I was feeling nippy and looked for the left over babka but Betsy claimed she ate the whole thing! I'm not quite sure if I believe her...

1 comment:

Nick Adams said...

I drank beer out of a wine glass on Thursday too! But then, I'm prone to doing that. The Belgians are great practitioners of dramatic yet functional glassware for beer. I blame it on my visits there.