Monday, February 4

Floating

ADDENDA:
A very intense weekend, to say the least. The eating day skidded to a halt yesterday, and ended up eating 'breakfast' late in the evening while reviewing Superbowl commercials - made me feel like I should have a big plate of something greezy in front of me!

This morning woke up at 7:45 after a good night of sleep, spoke with my financial advisor about the future, set up some class auditing and career councilling at the ICE. Feel better about things, but still unclear. I almost feel guilty about it, but I'm looking forward to wrapping up at work tomorrow morning so I can go home....and cook!

LUNCH: 1pm, fresh bread, marinated asparigi, portobellos and tomatoey eggplant, fresh fettucine with meat sauce, chocolate gelato, carbonated water, hunger 4/5
Lunch in midtown with the HVS at 45 Bond, the fancy business lunch place off of Times Square. Really good to just go over and recap the weekend and my thoughts on culinary and work to someone who understands, whose been there with me but not every moment. I've also been talking and confiding in Betsy, but that's more of an upclose, ongoing thing, y'know?

The pasta was really good, a nice firm and silky bite, the meat sauce was pleasantly gamey, that balance of pork, beef and veal that Italian cuisine does so well. The marinated vegetables were great, though the eggplant stuff was a bit too vinegary to my taste. I wonder if that's just my personal taste or if the cook made a mistake - is that dish supposed to be vinegary?

DINNER: 7pm, homemade roasted mixed fingerlings with cipolinni onions, merguez sausage, 5 little vegan cookies, water, hunger 4/5
Used a bunch of green market ingredients to make the potatoes. Ran out of olive oil, and found that it's MUCH better when there isn't much excess oil.

EVENING SNACK: 10:45pm, 5 slices fresh bacon, hunger 4/5
Wanted a savory snack. Whole house smelled porky, good thing B was asleep.

No comments: